Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: EV XEQ-2 for Altec 604E

  1. #1
    Hostboard Member klausesser's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi!
    I lost the message i received some weeks ago from Todd.
    Sorry. So i would like to update my post:

    I?m looking for plugs for two active x-overs from ElectroVoice model XEQ-2.
    The existing plug is for a dividing-freq. of 1100Hz. Because i want to use it with my
    Altec 604E the div.freq. should be 1500Hz.
    Does anyone have a clue? Or two plugs maybe? Or a schematic? Or some ideas :-)?

    regards, Klaus

  2. #2
    Inactive Member David Deratany's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have built several - 500, 800, 1000, 1200 and 1500, and it is easy enough. I settled on the 1200 for use with my 416's and 902-A's.

    I used Xicon 1% resistors from Mouser.Com, they sell them in packs of ten for $1.09/pack, or something like that. I probably have some left over that I will never use, and won't mind sending them to you.

    for 1500 hz you will need: 11k, 76.8k, 14k, 16.2k, 6.34k and 113k - one of each for each module. You will need dipp header modules to build them into. I don't think I have - or can't find- any left over.

    You can also assemble EQ modules. I built a pair of EQA that start a gentle boost around 15k and go all the way up, with a + - 5 db range in addition. I couldn't find any information about the slopes of the others, but I found this particular one useful with my 802-d drivers, but went back to FLAT with the 902-A, as the tangerine phase plugs seem to allow for extended hf, as compared with the 802-D

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member klausesser's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi David!
    Many thanks for your kind reply! Helps me a lot. I didn?t like to open the modules bit i think i?ll do it now. Am trying to find a schmematic.
    Horn eq. seems to be a bit complicated with the 604Es i guess, so i?ll forget it.

    regards, Klaus

  4. #4
    Inactive Member David Deratany's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is all the literature I am aware of. It is for the Altec 1631A, but it is the same unit. As I now understand it, EVI made them for Altec.

    http://nleinternet.net/alteclansingu...1631A-Data.pdf


    http://nleinternet.net/alteclansingu...31A-Manual.pdf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.